Welcome to My Blog

Hey there,
This is my blog about teenage books as well as some adult books that I love. I'll be reviewing books as well as talking about upcoming books and my favourite authors. I love all sorts of books and I'll try to read a wide range of genres to review. Thanks for visiting my blog and please follow and comment. If you have any questions or recommendations just e-mail me at bittersweetbookblog@gmail.com

Wednesday 27 March 2013

City of Bones

"Well, you can go ahead and hang your head out the car window if you feel like it. He laughed."I'm a werewolf not a golden retriever."
                                         -City of Bones


      I got City of Bones for my birthday and I'm so glad I did. It's now one of my favourite series (there's five book so far) and I just love it.
    City of Bones is the first book in the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. When Clary Fray witnesses a murder in which no one else can see the victim her whole world is turned upside then. Suddenly the mysterious boy who Clary saw killing the victim starts appearing everywhere. Things get stranger yet when Clary’s mother disappears she is forced to seek help from Jace, the mystery boy who leads her into a secret world, a world who her mother used to be part of but never revealed to Clary.
   Jace is a Shadowhunter and he as well as his adapted family were created by the angel Raziel to fight demons. They introduce Clary to a world of vampires, werewolves, warlocks and other fantasy creatures known as downworlders. Clary discovers it was her destiny to help them as she too is a Shadowhunter but her identity was hidden from her by her mother until now. Clary must now help Jace and his family in their search for her mother and against Valentine, who is a rising enemy.
    I thought this story was compelling, exciting and fast paced. There was twists and turns all through the book, particularly at the end where the story takes an unexpected turn.
    I really enjoyed this book and although there are lots of books around now about vampires and werewolves and other fantasy creatures I thought this book was different and took a different approach and I loved this book.
    I'd give it eight stars out of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment